Sunday 24 June 2018

Blog no 3: The Smile Coach continues........

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

I think each blog is going to start with Thank Yous but how could I not? I thought over 350 readers for my first blog was an achievement but then blog number 2 came along and you have all now read it over 1200 times!

Maybe in the grand scheme of Social Media it's not on a Kardashian level, but to me, that is more than I could have ever hoped for and more, you are all amazing! Thank you so much for your support.

So what has The Smile Coach been up to lately?

Well, the concept of The Smile Coach continues to grow, my band of merry Smilers is increasing frequently, all still blasting their goals to pieces. A bit like the England Team today against Panama....it isn't often that you can say that!

I'm trying out a small group session, for anyone that would like to try out having a Smile Coach and doesn't mind talking in front of their friends, I'll keep you posted on this idea through future blogs.

I'm also now setting my mind towards creating a website, my biggest mind block! I have come to realise that I need a home for all of my information, a one stop shop for all things Smile Coach!

I have been creating the information to post....I just need some pictures and may have to have some taken...eeekkkkk!

Another shadow from the past, you may think I have no problem posting pics on my own Facebook page which I don't, but I will have approved them before I post them.

At times, my mind very easily reverts back to the nearly size 24 Emma, the one that would do anything not to be in a picture, or would hide in the background, anything but be centre stage in a shot, with the result being photographic evidence of how big I looked and felt, even though at that point in time I may have been enjoying life.

Selfie with my Lifey!

These days, I'll get in a selfie with friends (whatever thoughts maybe going through my head) because although I may not find it the easiest thing in the world, you have got to live life, have fun and most importantly SMILE!!! Memories are great things to create!

Some recent fun and memory creating has been a trip to Thorpe Park with my friend Lucy to celebrate her birthday.

We had a lovely sunny day, not too many people, so queues were minimal and a whole day of catching up and putting the world to rights! This is a therapy in itself, something that should be prescribed on the NHS, friend time, it's such a precious thing!

Why am I blabbering on? Well, another reason that I feel qualified to be The Smile Coach is that i have lived a life that many are trying to escape from, a few years ago, at my biggest, I went to Thorpe park with Mr W for what was meant to be a fun day out, just us, just fun.

One of the first rides we came to.....Vortex....it looked fun, we decided to queue, we waited and waited, and then came our turn.....

What I'm about to share with you, until now has been kept a closely guarded secret, only a few know and only that few, really know the mortifying impact that it had on me. And now I'm about to share it with the world, but that's ok because the more you share, the less active your brain becomes with all that over thinking and sometimes people surprise you with their reaction and you realise that the world isn't such a bad place.


 The wake up call that I wasn't yet ready for.

So jumping back into that queue....what happened, the ride finished it's current turn, those people were let off, we were let in, we found our seats...have you guessed yet?

We sat in those seats, facing the other 30 people or so on the ride, the safety harnesses mechanically came down individually over us and then stopped, at this point we were meant to finish off by plugging in the little seat belt bit in, my harness was no where near where it needed to be, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make it work, I shuffled about, hoping that no one would notice and that maybe I could make it fit....I couldn't.

Mr W was safely done up and ready to go, the ride operators were coming round to make the last checks, they got to me, they tried, 2 of them nearly jumping on it, to try to plug it in, me going redder and redder at all this attention!

Eventually my horror came to an end, they told me that I couldn't ride safely so I would have to leave the ride.....I had to do the walk of shame, tears in my eyes, I just couldn't believe it, mortified doesn't even nearly cover how I felt, ashamed, gutted, dying inside and out, those phrases are still not enough.

Mr W, forever by my side, did his best to console me, the rest of that day is still a blur, I couldn't tell you if i managed to fit on any other rides because I have blanked the rest of my memory from that unforgettable day. Yet, I still wasn't ready to change, that came later!

Coming back to present day, a day at Thorpe Park sounds fun to most and it is now fun to me because of all the changes that I've made I can now fully sit in those seats, no worries and enjoy every moment, the up's, the down's the round and round's! And I do... because I will never forget the feelings from that day.

The first time I went on Vortex afterwards was with my Lifey (see selfie) and I finally laid to rest all the bad feeling between myself and that ride, last week though it was closed, but I at least managed to take a pic for the blog......

This horrendous episode is just another reason why The Smile Coach can work, why it does work, I have been there, Weight loss, Anxiety, Health and many other things.

One size doesn't fit all, but one smile does, so if you are sitting there reading this, feeling stuck in whatever situation you are in, think about contacting me, I've now bared my sole, maybe I can help to heal yours before you end up in a situation like I did, or help you to move away from these situations.

In future blogs I'll write about other subjects too, so you see how my concept fits all areas of motivation and confidence building but my weight loss is where it all began.

My Smilers say they love the fact that their goals are their own personalised plan, just for them, you can have one too......

I now have some business cards for contact, I ordered 250, I seem to have given most of them out already, so will be ordering more soon, but here's a pic of one so that you know how to get hold of The Smile Coach.


It's official, I have a card!

Today I ran a 10K race in my club colours, I wasn't first, I wasn't last but the most important thing was that I got up and did it!

It was a very hot morning, with plenty of hills, but instead of moaning about them, I appreciated the gorgeous country lanes that I ran down, feeling the sun through my duvet cover of a club t shirt ( I've shrunk since I last wore it, always a good thing!), the fields I saw, the huge cows in those fields and some of the not so lovely countryside smells!

I tried to finish with a smile but in those conditions and with a uphill, round the corner finish it was a tall order so maybe I'll just show you a smiley pic!



I guess it's time to finish this blog episode, please leave me any positive feedback you can and spread the word of The Smile Coach. Many people have said they tried to comment on Blogger but were unable to, I think that I have now fixed that and you should be able to this time.

Hopefully you've enjoyed reading about one of my most mortifying moments on this planet! Nothing's sacred! But hopefully you can see how I've turned such a negative into a positive!

One last note before I go....the Bikini had another outing!

This time I wore it at my local pool, it was a long walk from my towel into water deep enough to cover me up...but I did it! I also told myself that those eyes coming my way, were just them thinking how lovely I was! Who knows, but it worked for me and I'm still smiling! I hope you are too! Until next time, stay smiling!

Emma

The Smile Coach xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment