Saturday 16 February 2019

Bring on the daylight!!! We're nearly there! The Smile Coach doesn't hibernate well. Do you?

Hi Smilers! How are you all?

Once again, thank you so much for all your support whether that's, a like, share, comment, chat, advice, or taking those steps to look into become a Smiler......or just continuing to be one....thank you. Without it, The Smile Coach would not be a concept, I've realised that I've been working on this idea for a very long time and look forward to it becoming a fully functioning business, it excites me that I can help people that feel just like I have and at times still do....

So this blog is about just that, I think January is a dark old time, it brings us all down, its a long month, we have to prioritise financially as there are about 100 days in that month, mentally you may want to be out there doing it all but the short days and the weather just don't help your motivation when you're maybe not feeling your best...clothes are a bit tight from all the December fun, chocs, party food and of course the wine/prosecco followed by Christmas Baileys.

It's so right that we should celebrate Christmas, enjoy spending time with family and friends but maybe if we extended that longer into January we could all help each other....and maybe the food wouldn't impact so much as we wouldn't rush to enjoy it all so much over such a short time. We'd all keep the happy hormones going longer and not struggle on so much...sometimes alone. We can be surrounded by so many people yet still feel lonely......and then comes the overthinking. Gotta love the overthinking...if the rest doesn't get you, that will!

So what can we do about it? I realise that I'm writing this in February but it can apply all year round!

1) Talk Talk Talk....let it out, get it out. We can so easily build up the small things into big things by whirling them around in our heads over and over again. If you don't have close family, there's friends and if you don't feel like you have friends (i bet you do...you just may be overthinking it), colleagues, the person that says hi to you on your morning wander....there will be someone that you can offload to.

I have my "go to" people and I hope they consider me the same.Sometimes promoting myself as The Smile Coach complicates my overthinking more but they help me to remember that I am also human...and then I think well without a journey I wouldn't be a great coach!

2) Find some activity that you can do to divert your mind from the darkness. January has bought icy pavements and lots of rain so my sports of choice running and netball have been a bit sporadic. Although my beginners running group has managed to keep going whatever the weather, and we've had it all except sunshine!

I needed to find something else though as I'm used to higher activity levels so I've restarted my Hiit sessions with Joe Wicks The Body Coach. I love his sessions, they are short and sharp, 15 mins every 2 days is what I've been doing.

All his workouts on on his You Tube Channel for free, there is no reason why not. Its time to tone up those wobbly bits, ready for the year ahead and for me it's a big number at the end of the year so I need to enter the next decade feeling positive!

I've also realised that by doing his workouts I've helped myself in another way, I was really struggling to wake up and get up to my alarm/Jack but by getting up half an hour earlier the mornings are much more organised for the school run, book bags etc are sorted if I haven't done them the night before!

I know I'm lucky in the level of activity that I can do and understand that some can't but I can honestly say that there is a pathway for you no matter what you feel you can physically do, it may just be some breathing and relaxation exercises initially but opening up that pathway will do wonders for your mind in the long run.

3) Find a future focus, now this could be absolutely anything that floats your boat, anything that builds fire within your soul and anything that helps you move forward from the madness of January.

My current personal goal is to run Hastings Half Marathon at the end of March, You might think...well she ran a marathon in October that's easy....it's really not. Beachy Head Marathon definitely took it out of me and left me with a slight knee niggle that I've tried to nurture so that it doesn't lead to long term damage yet have still had to put the longer miles in to keep the legs in the game! But the mental motivation I have knowing that I have a day, a date that I need to do what I've set out to do, along with many other mad people is what gets me out there! And you can't beat a chat with a good running friend to clear your head too!

The Smile Coach needed a future goal too, one that is manageable around the rest of life but that will continue to drive my coaching forward after completing my Life Coaching course  I have now signed up to a Diploma in Weight Loss Coaching. I want to go towards Nutrition and this is my first step towards that whilst my monkeys need me around.

So this future goal leads me to letting you all in on some news that if you've been thinking about getting in touch may help you to do it sooner rather than later.....I will need Case Studies for this course so for that reason I am going to reduce the prices that The Smile Coach charges for a limited period so if you've been thinking about finding out more, please get in touch and lets get you smiling!

I plan for a limited period to reduce my regular Smiling sessions from £30.00 to £20.00 per session. The One-off Goal setting sessions will remain the same. If you've been thinking about it for a while, now is the time, it won't last forever, just mention Smile when you contact me :) !

Look Spring is on it's way, a glimpse of battle on a 12.5 mile training run on 09/02/19 


4) Get the Girls round (or boys!) This is my number one recommendation, whether it's just a cuppa or a full on night of fun together, food, fun and bubbles! Sometimes you know you need it, sometimes you don't, but that release of negative energy can be at it's quickest when you get to put the world to rights with the right people, who just let you be you. It may just be 1 friend, it may be a group, it really doesn't matter but the power you gain from just letting it out, or maybe not letting it out but listening to their worries or rants too, can just normalise your thoughts and prioritise how high on the list yours really are!


A Girl's night is always a positive thing with the Awesome Foursome!


Overall Smile Thought: Look to the Future.....It's all ahead of you, now go get it! You're in charge of your own destiny! And if you're not sure how, let me know, I'm sure I can help! It might be health,weight, fitness, career, just plain old surviving the busy everyday life, needing time for you, whatever it is, we can tackle it together!

Wishing you all Big Smiles, look after those that you love!
Have a great month!

Lots of love,

The Smile Coach

www.thesmilecoachforyou.co.uk

Facebook: Emma Wareham
Instagram: @Thesmilecoachforyou
Twitter: @Emmalovesarun




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this amazing latest blog!!!
    Yep I definitely struggle with these winter months...roll on the spring and lighter evening!!!
    Going to work hard on putting a stop to the over thinking and living a happier life... it's way to short to waste time doing that!!!
    Xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete